While there is no guarantee for an easy time on exams, there are some specific guidelines that students can follow which will help them learn more efficiently during exam time. Remember that you are not alone: almost everyone gets somewhat anxious at exam time.
- Try to stay on a reasonably regular schedule of reviewing, eating, sleeping and relaxing. Start at least a week, or two, before exams begin
- Don’t attempt to study 24 hours a day; your efficiency and capacity to retain material will rapidly decrease
- Don’t force yourself to study beyond your normal limits of concentration. In fact, short and regular study periods are more productive than lengthy single sessions
- Build your social network: “Human contact helps alleviate stress”
- Be conservative and reasonable about the demands you place on yourself
–adapted from Harvard Law School Health Services